Way back in mid-October we had some fun visitors!
Dave, Meg, McKelle and Scottie came from D.C. and Doug, Katie and Paige came from Ann Arbor for the weekend. We had such a great time.
Luke and McKelle are always so cute together...notice how cute they are in every picture they are both in.
The big reason why I invited all of them was because I wanted to try canning applesauce and wanted them to join me! Our weekend of provident living!
I did the prepping: buying 36 quart-sized jars and gathering all the equipment and driving out to Sage Farms to pick up about 8 (I think) bushels of apples.
This picture is deceiving, because I'm pretty sure I was a complete crazy woman in the kitchen for many hours telling people what to do and just being crazy.
It was a pretty easy process once you get it all down and have a system going, but man is it MESSY!
Luckily, all the Clark men are extremely helpful and really can't keep themselves from helping. But we needed some good manly muscles for the victorio strainer.
Meg was the photographer for the weekend and she got some great pics.
And there they are, in all their beauty.
(Did I mention that we had two canners going at once, one on my stove and one in the fire pit in the backyard...and we think the one on the fire worked better).
Baby Paige
And the blue-eyed babes! So cute.
After the chaotic morning of sticky canning (which took about 2 weeks to completely clean up, it was everywhere!), we headed out to my absolutely FAVORITE bakery in Ohio. Patterson's Fruit Farms...they have the best donuts and apple fritter...mmmmm. And there is no Clark get-together without playing some games at a park.
We went out to Squires Castle...it's such a beautiful park!
It's become a nerdy tradition for me and Meg to take ridiculous pictures together.
The fall is such a gorgeous time of year here, I love it!
I love Dev's puckered face in this picture.
And after all the fun went away...we were pooped.
And this is just a random picture of Luke and his bestest buddy Emmett.
Oh and another random one. We were eating breakfast one morning and Luke said, "Hey! What are they doing here?! They are suppose to be a the North Pole!!!!" There were two big deer right in front of our house.
Can't believe that November is almost over.....well, here's to October!




































1 comment:
So jealous for many reasons. 1st - making applesauce. I'm on my last jar of my mom's applesauce and desperately want more. 2nd - I miss my brothers and their families. Your kids are getting so big. I hate being so far away. 3rd - such a gorgeous fall in Ohio. We don't really know the meaning of fall in AZ. It's just the same, but cooler weather. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment