I have so much to blog about! We've had such a great time these past few weeks traveling, I'm excited to share. We tend to "cluster" our vacations together. I don't know why, it just always works out that way for some reason.
Destination #1: Ann Arbor, Michigan (about 3 hours north east of us).
Doug (Matt's bro) and Katie live in Ann Arbor, both getting their MPH at Michigan State. They had their first baby girl, Paige, only a couple of weeks before. My in-laws were in town to help out and be there for the baby blessing. They were kind enough to invite me and the boys (Matt had to work all weekend...boooo) to join them. So I took off on my first-ever road trip without Matt. I know, I'm a baby. The 3 hours wasn't that bad.
Paige is so tiny. I love how small she looks in her car seat.
Even though Michigan is so close, it seems like a different country (well, maybe just Canada) to me. It's so much different than Cleveland. There were lots of foresty areas, it's all spread out and just seems so much more Northern, if that makes sense.
Doug took us fishing one morning. No such luck.
It was a first for Luke. He thought it was fun and was a little creeped out by the jumping fish in a bucket that some other guy caught.
He spells his name everywhere we go.
Gma Clark and the newest grand baby.
She's so sweet!
Later we decided to go canoeing! And it had to have been the HOTTEST weekend of the summer. Holy cow. And of course my AC didn't really work either.
We left the small babies with Doug and ventured out on a little less than 4 mile river run. It was really mild and not very deep most of the way (maybe 3.5 ft at most). Me and Katie teamed up, while Anne and Rob and Luke went together.
Katie and I got harassed by this duck. We also got stuck on a rock for quite a while. Then Rob and Anne crashed into us, while we were stuck. I was about ready to get out and push us, and finally some kid tubing with his girlfriend went by and I asked him to help us out.
It was fun.
Saturday was the big game day. I think the first football game of the season. And Michigan sure knows how to party, I guess. They are nuts. Apparently the drinking and partying starts at 8 am. We drove around campus and past all the sororities and fraternities around 11 am and pretty much every lawn looked like this. It was crazy.
The men went to the game, which got rained out, while the women and children did some shopping.
We also visited Matt's aunt and uncle who are the new mission presidents in Lansing. We had dinner with them in their huge mission home one night. Luke got to swim in the pool at the hotel. I listened to a great book on tape on the drive and didn't even make one stop on the way home. Overall, it was a great weekend. Matt sure was missed.
The highlight was definitely the baby blessing. Doug did a great job. I'm so glad that we could be there.
Aren't they the cutest?
Pagie's beautiful dress was sewn by Katie's mom and it was made out of her wedding dress!
And you would never guess she just had a baby. Seriously, Katie.
The Clarkies. I do love them...even though I'm standing 3 feet away!
Some of Katie's family made a long trek down from Canada for the blessing.


























No comments:
Post a Comment