My head is swirling with so many wonderful decorating ideas I can't handle it!
I love it when this happens.
I have this notebook were I sketch out all of my painting, sewing, crafting, etc ideas-or else I will most likely forget.
Anyway, we have just finished refurnishing two dressers (one for Luke & one for Matt) that we found off the tree-lawn. They turned out great, I will post pictures soon.
This evening we brought Matt's up and had to do some major rearranging of our little bedroom. Four pieces of furniture (side tables, my dresser & our headboard) are a dark brown, his new dresser is black....so it looks alright mixed, I guess.
Well, since we moved in (2+ yrs ago) I have HATED our bedroom. The door always stays shut, because it has no color (it is all browns, blacks & creams)and needs some major TLC...that there isn't room in the budget for, so it stays on the back burner.
Well I decided this is going to change. From our selling things and what other little income we make on the side, I'm going to re-do our bedroom. I skimmed through my beloved Pottery Barn magazines and found all the inspiration I need!
Here's how it's going to go:
First, I decided on the main color to be yellow.
I love it when this happens.
I have this notebook were I sketch out all of my painting, sewing, crafting, etc ideas-or else I will most likely forget.
Anyway, we have just finished refurnishing two dressers (one for Luke & one for Matt) that we found off the tree-lawn. They turned out great, I will post pictures soon.
This evening we brought Matt's up and had to do some major rearranging of our little bedroom. Four pieces of furniture (side tables, my dresser & our headboard) are a dark brown, his new dresser is black....so it looks alright mixed, I guess.
Well, since we moved in (2+ yrs ago) I have HATED our bedroom. The door always stays shut, because it has no color (it is all browns, blacks & creams)and needs some major TLC...that there isn't room in the budget for, so it stays on the back burner.
Well I decided this is going to change. From our selling things and what other little income we make on the side, I'm going to re-do our bedroom. I skimmed through my beloved Pottery Barn magazines and found all the inspiration I need!
Here's how it's going to go:
First, I decided on the main color to be yellow.
I absolutely LOVE the bedding and think it would go well with the browns and blacks in our room.
I'm thinking of painting one, maybe two walls a light yellow. Possibly like the pic below, maybe a tad lighter..what do you think?By the way, I love this little work station...ahhh someday.
I'm hoping to find some yellow & white fabric similar to the picture at the top to make a duvet cover and some pillow shams. I also loved this, I don't know what you call it, quilted pillow sham look, only I think I'll leave the two ends open and do ties, like I will on the duvet cover.
Last year I made something of a headboard for our bed out of wood, padding and fabric. I'm thinking of maybe putting another thin layer of wood on the back and adding a white frame around it (the wall behind would be painted yellow). To make it look similar to this picture.I LOVE this room, for a little or big girl!
Next, we have a chair very similar to these ones, that Matt found on the tree-lawn (love that place), he sanded it, varnished it and reupholstered the seat.
I'm thinking of repainting it (sorry Matt) and making it look just like the blue one and then placing it in the corner of the room, next to the window. Does the blue go as an accent color to the yellow well?
My other small projects to add to the room will be, adding a yellow curtain over our bla..brown one, keeping the brown one because we like the darkness in the early morning. We also have a glass door that goes out to our "indoor" porch, that I think I will make curtains for.There is a rug (I couldn't find a pic of) in the same magazine that I think I am going to actually do a painting of the print on the rug onto wood to hang on the wall next to the bed, maybe in yellow or the blue? or a light green??? Not sure on the color.
And lastly, I am going to recover our lampshade next to our bed. It's currently...you guessed right, cream and brown! I want to recover it to be white (with a dark brown base).
Whew! Those are all my ideas that I am in love with.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!
I had to get that off my chest.
Off to bed now...and to the paint & fabric store tomorrow! Yeee!



3 comments:
Mary, the whole idea sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until we have a house someday that we can paint and do all that kind of stuff to. It doesn't work so well in an apartment that you'll be leaving in a year, ha ha. But I am so excited to see how the room turns out! You have such good decorating taste and ideas! I love the yellow, white, and brown idea. Good luck!
wow! Go Mary! Your ideas sound great and I can you are much better at doing this stuff than I am.
Mary - you are awesome! I wish I had the creativity you do :) Our bedroom is painted yellow and I LOVE it - especially during the dark, dreary winter. I can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment